Central Coast Metal Roofing - NOVALINE® Fascia
Product Description and Features
NOVALINE® Fascia System has been designed for ease of use. A spring clip snaps on to the NOVALINE® Fascia and makes fixing of the gutters quick and easy. It is available in custom cut lengths to suit your application.
- Available in a range of COLORBOND® steel colours to suit your needs
- Custom cut to prevent waste, which gives extra savings
- It is important gutters slope towards the outlets (a minimum gutter fall of 1 in 500 is recommended). Without this slope, 'ponding' may occur, reducing the life of your gutter
- When installing gutters, remove any metal particles or debris at the end of the day to prevent staining or corrosion
- Do not install galvanised gutters with a ZINCALUME® steel or COLORBOND® prepainted steel roof. Galvanised gutters are only suitable with galvanised steel roof
- The protective plastic film should be stripped off immediately on installation
The NOVALINE® is a fascia system that integrates with most of our gutters. It comprises:
- The Fascia
- Metal Fixing Brackets
- One of Many Gutters
- Spring clips that fastens the gutter to the fascia
- Overstraps to suit the chosen gutter
- QUAD 115 Hi-front
- QUAD 115 Low-front
- QUAD 125
- QUAD 150
How is the NOVALINE® Fascia system attached?
The NOVALINE® Fascia system has one style clip that can be used in all applicatons. This bracket is attached with 2 (minimum) screws to the base of the truss. The positioning of the bracket can vary depending on the soffit line and the roof. The recess lip on the bottom of the actual fascia carries the soffit between the fascia and the external lining of the building. The top of the fascia does not carry the roof. It generally sits 20mm below the roof underside of the roof line. Spacing of clips for sheet roofs to be 1200mm maximum, and 600mm for tile roofs.
Designing Roof Drainage
Correct design of a roof drainage system is critical to the waterproofing of a building. This is a task that should only be carried out by a suitably qualified trade professional in accordance with the BCA and Australian Standards.
In the design and detailing of a roof drainage system, consideration must be given to a range of factors such as:
- rainfall intensity
- roof catchment area
- gutter size/capacity
- gutter fall
- gutter outlets (sumps, rain heads, nozzles)
- downpipe size, quantity and placement
- overflow consideration
- material selection and
The downpipe size and spacing should be determined in accordance with AS/NZ3500.3.2:1998 National plumbing and drainage: Part 3.2: Stormwater drainage - Acceptable solutions.
LYSAGHT NOVALINE® Fascia System, accessories and the NOVALINE® Fascia Cover (NSW) are available in ZINCALUME® steel and the standard COLORBOND® steel colours. View the COLORBOND® steel colours.
For further information please contact Central Coast Metal Roofing on 02 4322 2377, or via email on our contact page.