Central Coast Metal Roofing - KLIP-LOK® 700 HI-STRENGTH
Product Description and Features
KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® is a wide-cover concealed fixed cladding with no exposed fasteners for weathertight roofs. Bold rib makes strong visual statement. Using Easy-to-install fixing clip means roof can be laid faster and more economically. Offering transverse fluting adds to spanning performance.
- Fixing clips effectively secure sheets to supports without puncturing the sheet
- No exposed fasteners means clean smooth lines and maximum water tightness
- 700mm wide cover width
- Suitable for installation over insulation up to 100mm thick
- Clips are fixed with conventional hex head screws
- Transverse fluting allows for longer spans
- Now available for large projects with on-site mobile roll forming with longer lengths avoiding expansion joints
- Minimum recommended roof pitch is 2 degrees (1 in 30) for 0.42mm BMT
- Minimum recommended roof pitch is 1 degree (0.48 and 0.60mm BMT)
- Please Note: KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® is only available upon enquiry in some states. Please consult the availability table below for further details
The maximum recommended support spacings are based on
testing in accordance with AS1562.1-1992, AS4040.1-1992 and
Roof spans consider both resistance to wind pressure and light roof traffic (traffic arising from incidental maintenance).
Wall spans consider resistance to wind pressure only.
|Maximum Support Spacings (mm)|
|Type of Span||Thickness (mm) BMT|
|Unstiffened Eaves Overhang||150||200||250|
|Stiffened Eaves Overhang||450||500||550|
- For roofs: the data are based on foot-traffic loading.
- For walls: the data are based on presures for transverse fluted material.
- Above table is based on supports of 1mm BMT.
- 0.60mm BMT available from mobile rollformer only.
Mobile rollformed sheets are custom cut on-site. Factory sheets cut to order.
Length: +0 mm, -15 mm
Width: +4 mm, -4 mm
Make allowance for thermal expansion or contraction for long length roofs at sheeting ends.
The equation ?L = ? x ?T x L gives an indication of the sheeting extent or contraction (?L).
? = 12 x 10-6 (coefficient of linear expansion
?T = temperature change in °C.
L = sheet length in mm
KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH is made from:
- ZINCALUME® aluminium/zinc alloy-coated steel complying with AS 1397—2001 G550, AZ150 (550 MPa minimum yield stress, 150 g/m2 minimum coating mass); or
- Stainless steel standard grade designation is AISI/ASTM Type 430; UNS No. S43000 (on request only)
The base metal thicknesses are 0.42, 0.48 (and 0.60mm mobile rollformer only).
The COLORBOND® prepainted steel complies with AS/NZS 2728:2007.
|Avail.||Avail.||Avail.||Avail.||Not Avail.||Avail.||Not Avail.|
Can KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® be unclipped?
BlueScope Lysaght has produced a clip which allows KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® to be removed without damage. The clip also makes the sheets easier to install.
Can KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® be side-lapped with KLIP-LOK® 406?
No. KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® has a rib shape and clip design different to the traditional KLIP-LOK® 406.
If the KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® roof is out of alignment, can I stretch or shrink a sheet?
The special locating tabs on the spacer bar of the KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® clip can be flattened easily to allow adjustment during installation.
What is cladding and how does it relate to roofing and walling?
Cladding is a collective term for any sheeting
that covers a building, whether it be on the roof
of the building, or on the walls. Roof cladding is
made from thicker steel and is rolled to a profile
capable of supporting roof traffic*. In most
cases, these roof claddings can also be used for
walling as well. Wall cladding is made from
thinner steel, rolled to a less rigid profile.
They are generally not capable of supporting roof
traffic, prohibiting their use as roofing.
*Some roofing is designed to be non-trafficable. Please consult the span and capacity tables of the cladding for further details.
LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK 700 HI-STRENGTH® is available in the standard range of COLORBOND® steel colours and in unpainted ZINCALUME® steel.
For further information please contact Central Coast Metal Roofing on 02 4322 2377, or via email on our contact page.